Things to Do and Great Gifts to Celebrate Father’s Day
by McEnearney on May 31, 2018
Father’s Day is meant to be, as the name suggests, all about fathers. The day is meant to focus on recognizing all the things that fathers do for their families. It should celebrate all the good father’s do and thank them for the sacrifices they make for those they love. Most people do this by buying cards for their fathers or making something special for dinner. Gifts are often given to fathers, and people do their best to make the day special for dad. Be unique in your gift selection and branch out in your creativity this year for a gift that’s truly special.
Things to do with Dad:
For the Dad that Enjoys a good Drink:
Photo courtesy of LEGACY – a Picnic Time brand, via Amazon
For the Dad Who Cooks and Grills:
- Himalayan Sea Salt Plank – Sear food and season at the same time with this slab of salt. Dad doesn’t have to be at the grill to cook.
- Leather Grill Apron – Grilling is still the summer classic, and leather makes the perfect grilling apron.
- Where Chefs Eat – Move a step beyond getting your waiter’s recommendation and eat where Dad’s favorite chefs eat.
- Kabob Grill Basket – Keeping kabobs neatly in place can be a challenge. Help Dad keep those onions and green peppers in line.
For the Tech-Minded Dad:
Photo courtesy of Digital Trends
For the Dad Who Loves the Outdoors:
- Herschel “Retreat” Backpack – For the Dad who loves finds a retreat in being outside, this backpack will carry all he needs.
- The Seventy2 Survival Pack – For those long trips or camping or to have around just in case, this 72-hour survival system is a must for camping or outdoorsman Dads.
- Tentsile Tree Tents – What better way to rest and retreat on a long camping trip or while hiking? These tents suspend between trees to provide all the comfort of a hammock.
- Katadyn Base Camp Water Filtration System – Gravity pulls water through this filtration system removing harmful bacteria. Easy for Dad to carry and use wherever he pitches his tent.
For Every Dad:
- Every father loves a good pair of slippers – Check out L.L. Bean’s styles that are as unique as him.
- Help dad keep up with the latest fashion trends with a new accessory like a belt or tie. Cufflinks are a great dad gift whether you’re looking for something personal, quirky, or classic.
- Every Dad is an icon in his way, but could maybe find a little inspiration useful. Icons of Men’s Style by Josh Sims does just that.
- The Kaufmann Mercantile Guide: How to Split Wood, Shuck an Oyster, and Master Other Simple Pleasures, help keep Dad at the top of his game.
- Gad&get Cassette Multi-tool The Cassette is a multi-functional tool made of pure carbon fiber. Strong, compact and ultra light, Cassette is the best multi-tool to keep Dad ready for anything.
- Craftsman beard oil & beer soap – Because every Dad should feel fresh and clean.